Follow me on Twitter

Follow UTAblog on Twitter

Saturday 2 February 2013

Season starts now?

Having grown to become more "meh" with the state of The Arsenal over the last year, writing a blog regularly became a chore. I was bored of typing out the same thing, over and over and over.

Not sure why, but despite our current league position things 'feel' different now, maybe it’s because the fanbase seems more divided than ever (on twitter at least) that it's shaking me from my 'meh' state.
With the game against Stoke today it's the first time in a while that I’ve sensed the whole of our fanbase actually wanting to win the game. No knobheads spouting nonsense about "wanting to lose to force Wenger out", no "Giroud is no Van Persie" bollocks, no "Theo's an idiot" blah blah blah.

Maybe it's because it is Stoke. The Orcs. The 7th Nation. Pubis' Cunt Army. Regardless of how much we dislike the stuff going on & off the pitch at The Arsenal, we all hate them for Ramsey and because their manager wears a fucking baseball cap.

I also think the logical move of buying a new left-back has perked a few people up. It was very last minute and may not have been done had Gibbs not been injured but who cares it's done, and, most importantly, he's decent (according to the footballing hipsters). I'm not going to lie, I’ve only watched Malaga a handful of times this season and I was never watching because of him, but by all accounts he's a big improvement on Santos and will provide genuine competition for Gibbs. If that's not the purpose of the January transfer window I don't know what is. It’s also nice to buy a player who comes with a readymade chant.

Fingers crossed the front 3 can keep up their recent form and our defence can try and find some. 3 points please lads.

UTA

@UTAblog

No comments:

Post a Comment